[AccessD] Re: Kodak Imaging and Access 2003 (was: Looking for TWAIN ocx)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Feb 21 05:22:11 CST 2005

Hi all

Found out why Access 2003 denies to load the Kodak Imaging controls and
how to remove that blocking.
It is - believe it or not - because Access 2003 refuses to use ActiveX
controls which for some reason are listed as insecure in Internet
Explorer ... as explained here:

http://mail.localplanet.co.uk/Blogs/stuart/archive/2005/02/19/AccessActiveX.aspx

What it tells is to reset the Compatibility Flag for these entries to
0:

Kodak Image Admin Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{009541A0-3B81-101C-92F3-040224009C02}

Kodak Image Edit Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{6D940280-9F11-11CE-83FD-02608C3EC08A}

Kodak Image Scan Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{84926CA0-2941-101C-816F-0E6013114B7F}

Rich Text Control
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\
{3B7C8860-D78F-101B-B9B5-04021C009402}

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 20-02-2005 17:32:10 >>>
Hi all

I have done some testing with a sample app Neal kindly provided which
uses the Kodak Imaging ocx controls.

It works fine with my old Agfa Snapscan test scanner - as long as I
don't run it in Access 2003.
Whatever I do (references, late binding etc. etc.), when moved to
A2003
it refuses to talk with the twain driver - it is as if A2003 expects a
higher version or similar of the twain driver. Neither will the edit
control activate in A2003.