[AccessD] OT - Internet Access

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 1 08:22:39 CST 2005

Karen,

If you are attempting to use his INTERNET account with the cable company
then you are at his mercy.  There is nothing to prevent you from getting
your own INTERNET account with the cable company.  You own the cable modem
etc.  As for software, there was none REQUIRED formy cable modem.  I use a
router and do NOT have any cable company software installed on any of my
systems.  I did have to call the cable company and read them the sn / NIC
numbers from the modem which they then assigned to my account.  The software
is NOT (TTBOMK) a requirement, it is a method of connecting a computer to
the network.

http://folding.stanford.edu/