[AccessD] Emailing Access Reports in PDF format

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 2 23:40:37 CST 2005

On 2 Feb 2005 at 23:30, Jeff Barrows wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to email an Access report in PDF format using
> DoCmd.SendObjects?

SendObjects in MS Access only sends Access Objects.

For emailing PDF reports, I use my own utility MailPDF. Here's the sample
code on my MakePDF/MailPDF page on my website http://www.lexacorp.com.pg
under the Free Software button:

<quote>
MS Access and MailPDF
1. Design a report ("MyReport") and configure it to "print to a specific
printer" - specifically, the printer set up for MakePDF to print to a
specific file.

Create a Form with a text field to enter the email address (txtAddress) and
a command button (cmdSend) and place the following code in the on_click
event:

cmdSend_click()
DIM strShellstring as string
DoCmd.OpenReport "MyReport"
strShellstring = Chr$(34) & "C:\Program Files\Makepdf\Mailpdf.exe" &
Chr$(34) & " /N " _
& txtAddress & " /I C:\Windows\Desktop\Pscript.psf" & Chr$(34) _
& " /O C:\MyReport /S Attached Report /B Here is the report you wanted"
Shell (strShellstring)
End Sub

Clicking the button will print the report, convert it to PDF and send it to
the specified address.

</quote>

--
Stuart