[AccessD] A97. Report with printer and paperselectionpickswrongpaper when deployed on identica

Steve Conklin (Developer@UltraDNT) Developer at UltraDNT.com
Tue Feb 8 10:15:38 CST 2005

The issue is in the way 2000/XP handles Custom paper.

In Me/98, you only had one custom paper size per machine, represented by
the constant 255.  In 2000/XP, there is support for multiple custom
paper sizes, therefore, it is some random number that Windows gives the
custom paper sizes, that can differ from PC to PC, even with apparently
identical setups.
On your PC you are assigning a paper-size number that the client doesn't
have, as the default paper, when you set your paper to Invoice.  The
client PC defaults to letter because it can't find the same paper size
number as on your PC.

You have to dig in Registry, under:
NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\<<printer name>>\DsDriver
The PrintMediaSupported key has multiple values.  Find Invoice, then use
that as the value for
PrintMediaReady.

Or - do what I did - give the user a "Setup" screen.

Steve