[AccessD] A97. Report with printer and paperselectionpickswrongpaper when deployed on identica

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 9 02:31:16 CST 2005

Hi Jim

That doesn't sound nice - we hoped not to have to fall back to
something like that.

If nothing else shows up, I guess we could use a simple routine which
one by one opened the reports in question in design view, readjusted the
paper selection and saved.
Another option could perhaps be to read out the registry on my machine
for this printer's meda, move these to the client and read them in -
this printer icon is only used for our app.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 09-02-2005 02:24:05 >>>
Hi All:

A little late in this discussion but I remember having similar set of
issues
with a client's particular printer. The final solution, after
virtually
trying everything, was to VNC to the client's site and recompile the
offending reports. It worked fine after that but every-time a new or
updated
report was required the same procedure took place. When they changed
printers and went to a new version of Access (from A97) the problems
went
away. I was never sure whether it was printer or A97 or both that
caused the
problem.

HTH
Jim