[AccessD] A2000: Subreport in Group footer (swe)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 9 16:18:11 CST 2005

On 9 Feb 2005 at 15:57, Steve Erbach wrote:

> Charlotte,
>
> The report has an outer Group based on [Source Number] (Text). There
> is an inner group, too, on [Facility Part #] (also Text).
>
> The subreport's data source includes all the fields from one table.
> The first field of that table is [Source Number], however that field
> doesn't appear in the subreport; just four other fields. I did place
> the [Source Number] field on the report, though, hidden behind the
> other fields just in case that was the problem. But the subreport
> still won't show up.

You do need the field as a hidden field in the sub report. Keep it there.

> So, on the main report:
>
> Source Object: Report.rptSubStateCAS
> Link Child Fields: Source Number
> Link Master Fields: Source Number
>
> I've tried surrounding the Source Number field name with square
> brackets, too, but no go.

You should do that too. FWIW, you should avoid spaces in fieldnames -they
can turn around and bite you in so many ways :-(

> For what it's worth, if I set subreport's Can Shrink property to No
> then space is allowed for the (invisible) subreport...but only as much
> space as the subreport takes up on my report design. If I set Can
> Shrink to Yes then the amount of space taken up by the subreport
> disappears, too.
>
> I've tried moving the subreport to the Group header instead of the
> footer. Same result.

Try setting a text box in the footer (txtSourceNumber) with with a source
of [Source Number] and set the Link Master Field to txtSourceNumber.

Keep txtSourceNumber visible until you see what it is displaying, you can
hide it for the final version.

--
Stuart