[AccessD] Network booting Windows XP

Admin Sparky dba.email at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:26:23 CST 2005

John,

Since you have the legal licenses, have you considered a boot from CD?
 You could create a Bart's Preinstall Environment disc (BartPE Disc).
There is a method developed by Bart Lagerweij that allows you to
create a stripped down version of XP complete with all driver and
application support all on a bootable CD.  This is accomplished
legally, as long as you are not using the source copy of XP and the
created copy simultaneously.

A free copy of PE Builder can be found here: www.nu2.nu
A tutorial on the process can be found here:
http://www.maximumpc.com/how_to/reprint_2005-01-27.html

The only caveat in this route is that in order to thwart any attempt
to utilize this method as an illegal OS, you are limited to 6
processes and the machine reboots every 24 hours.  But if the CD is in
the drive, and your folding routine is in the startup folder...?  I'm
guessing that this approach to your problem might work...I've never
tested it.

Mark