[AccessD] Timer function, fraction of seconds

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 14 09:51:02 CST 2005

Not sure how fine you want to time, here are a couple of finer methods

--In the Declarations section--
' GetTickCount  returns the number of milliseconds that Windows has been
running.
Declare Function GetTickCount& Lib "kernel32" ()

---from the DebugWindow---
? "It has been " & gettickcount() & " milliseconds since Windows started"
It has been 61604492 milliseconds since Windows started
? "It has been " & gettickcount() & " milliseconds since Windows started"
It has been 61610871 milliseconds since Windows started

or these functions to get clock frequency and ticks
I have a class to do these somewhere

' determine if system has Performance Counter and get its frequency
' returns ticks/sec (1.193.180 on my machine PII 350)

Private Declare Function QueryPerformanceCounter Lib "kernel32" ( _
    lpPerformanceCount As Currency) As Long

Private Declare Function QueryPerformanceFrequency Lib "kernel32" ( _
    lpFrequency As Currency) As Long

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.