[AccessD] A2000: DELETE query with JOIN

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Feb 14 13:29:31 CST 2005

Hi Steve

I find it a pity that competition fades away.

By the way, couldn't you do it without the NOT IN (...) or temp table
by - in your original attempt - not using joins but a simple WHERE
S.CAS1<>T.CAS1 AND S.CAS2<>T.CAS2 AND etc.?
Also, did you try the consistent/inconsistent updates setting?

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 14-02-2005 20:12:17 >>>
Gustav,

This database is inherited. It was created back in the mid-90s in
Paradox for Windows v. 5. I upgraded it to v. 8 without, to my shame,
revising the primary keys of any of the tables that use that 4-part
CAS key. Now I'm upgrading it again to Access.

All I can say is, this is one of those queries that Paradox handled
all right. I'm floored that I can't find a less cumbersome method in
Access.

OK, whatever sympathy I gained by my "inherited" story has just
evaporated with my invidious comparison to Paradox, eh?

Steve Erbach