[AccessD] ping from access

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Mon Feb 14 13:49:02 CST 2005

Why do I need to pipe it? I'm not doubting that you are probably
correct...I am just curious as to why. My ping runs, but it is
minimized. I can switch over to that window real quick, but that really
isn't very good. And, then it just disappears too.

One of the things that I would like this to do is to simply check that
the address is available, at least at a ping level. I was also hoping
that I could connect to a telnet session for the chosen address, by
clicking a button. This would give me an outlet for all else that I
need...I think.

Thanks for the help so far!

John W Clark

>>> martyconnelly at shaw.ca 2/11/2005 3:04 PM >>>
You might want to direct to a file for output although there maybe a 15

second delay if unreachable
like so
ping 207.46.245.230 > "c:\temp2\pingtest.txt"

It depends on what info you need returned.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.