[AccessD] Remote keyboards and monitors

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Feb 15 11:51:12 CST 2005

I don't know the specifics, but we were looking into a KVM type switch
from APC that looked pretty promising. It took care of a problem that we
currently run into. We have two KVM switches and every now and
then...especially on the one...we lose the mouse for a system. This
isn't good, because the system will need to be rebooted to rectify this.
APC does something differently that this does not happen.

John W Clark

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 2/15/2005 12:25 PM >>>
Hi John:

We were setting up a number of sites this summer and the client had us
use
KVMs for their servers. They worked great but I did not know they have
extensions that could link servers over fifty meters away or that
extensions
were available. I will definitely have to look into that option. :-)

Thanks for all the info
Jim