[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Porter, Mark Mark.Porter at acsalaska.com
Fri Feb 18 17:00:11 CST 2005

In my experience companies actually work to not pay for any of your
future certifications (unless you work for a consulting company, in
which case the opposite is true).

Companies do not want to pay to make you more marketable, they want to
keep you right were you are, doing what you are doing, and for the rate
you are doing it at.

They love your certifications when they hire you.  Then they try to get
you to buy into OJT training, self learning and "train the trainer" (my
favorite) concepts.

Mark