[AccessD] Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 20 04:46:20 CST 2005

Hi all

For those who wish to play with DjVu files at once, I located this
small shareware app.
It works at once.
I scanned at typical text page in b/w which saves as 1 MB in bmp
format, gif at 75 K, jpeg lowest quality at 100 K while it was only 7 K
in djvu format.

Also, I noticed that IrfanView is capable of displaying this format.

/gustav

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/compress/djvuerin.zip 1658795
bytes

djvuerin.zip    Produce higher quality, small sized web images

DjVuer (pronounced day-ja-voo-er), is based on the revolutionary DjVu
image compression technology developed by AT&T Labs.  DjVuer is the
Windows 95/98/NT desktop version of DjVu, that provides high
resolution
small-size images over the web.  DjVuer delivers high-quality, small
sized images in less time over the Web.  With DjVuer, digital
photographers and content developers can scan high-resolution color
photos, pages of books, magazines, catalogs, manuals, historical or
ancient documents, and make them available on the Web in rich detail.
Scanned images can be compressed at ratios as high as 1000: 1.
Scanned
pages at 300 DPI in full color can be compressed down to a mere 30 to
60KB files from 25MB with excellent quality.

Special requirements: None.

Shareware.

Dushy Edrisinghe, Feith Systems and Software, Inc.
dushy at feith.com