[AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Mon Feb 21 11:28:05 CST 2005

We are just getting into full swing with VB.NET, so I haven't had much
opportunity to play with Crystal Reports in that environment.  We use CR
8.5 for much of our SQL Server based reporting, and it just makes me
appreciate the Access report designer more and more.

In fact I was just in a status meeting this morning where I said "It's
only a matter of time until you find me running around naked in the
streets babbling incoherently that Crystal Reports ruined my life".  Um,
I'm sorry, what was your question again? ;-)

I guess I need to try a newer version of CR before I totally write it
off.  My experiences to date have been really, really painful.  Maybe
I'm just an old Access dog who needs to learn some new tricks, but I'm
still skeptical that CR is the ticket.

SQL Server Reporting Services looks very appealing, for example.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Steve Erbach
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 11:03 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT: What are you lot doing now and then?

Brett,

Do you use Visual Studio .NET for your VB.NET development? If so, did
you try the Crystal Reports generator? Any thoughts vs. the third party
tools?

Steve Erbach

The information in this email may contain confidential information that
is legally privileged. The information is only for the use of the intended
recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking
of any action in regard to the content of this email is strictly prohibited.  If
transmission is incorrect, unclear, or incomplete, please notify the sender
immediately. The authorized recipient(s) of this information is/are prohibited
from disclosing this infor
ny other party and is/are required to
destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.Scanning of this message and
addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software
in conjunction with virus detection software.