[AccessD] Starting Up On Your Own

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 22 11:41:37 CST 2005

Don't forget all the government and banking bumf you have to set up
prior to opening up
You will need to decide on incorporation or limited partnership
depending on your tax jurisdiction.
In the US this has important tax implications less so in Canada and UK.
Plus you may need a government tax number for sales tax and income tax
but prior to this you will need a government corporate number.
The bank will need your government incorporation number for a corporate
account.
The bank wont lend you any money or  give you a line of credit for 2 to
5 years.
Some will lend you money even if the company has been dormant for 10 years.
Well they will if you go for an IPO. haha
I did this easily since I had a CPA and my younger brother is a lawyer.
It only took me a couple of weeks and cost me only government fees
Without this look at spending a $1000.
It is well worth your while to get a CPA to do this all for you and work
out your tax implications.
Also remember you can use this incorporation at a later date if  you
fail and decide to go into candle making.
You just hold a directors meeting in your favourite bar or restaurant,
tax deductible
and change the entire direction of your company. I have attended a few
of these.
Oh yes in UK you may need to register under data protection act.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.