[AccessD] OT: Report Generator in .Net

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 06:53:19 CST 2005

Charlotte,

Thanks for the insights. Actually, subreports were like going back to
something older when I first started using them. Paradox for DOS was
set up that way. Then I got used to the the Paradox for Windows report
generator which didn't use subreports. You could just embed a table or
a multi-record object anywhere on a report...and embed others inside
of those. I'm still baffled by the lack of a grid in Access; that is,
fields contained within cells with borders you can define "globally."
Having to fiddle with the border properties of individual text boxes
in Access just doesn't seem logical...besides the time spent having to
line them up perfectly.

Anyway, Crystal Reports is what I've got to study for .NET. I'm sure
I'll get used to it eventually.

Steve Erbach