[AccessD] Cursor Color

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Wed Feb 23 09:43:41 CST 2005

Mark,

Not sure what happened to the formatting, so I'll try again.

>From the little research I just did, it looks like you could use the
ShowCaret/HideCaret and GotFocus APIs.  You have to use the GotFocus API
call to return the handle of the object that has the focus.  This is because
many of the controls in Access do not have a
hWnd property.

>From what I have found, you first set the focus (may work if you do this
after the gotfocus event) to the text box.  The you call the GotFocus API
call to return the handle.

So maybe something like this (assuming we are in the gotfocus event):

'API definitions
Private Declare Function GetFocus Lib "user" () As Long
Private Declare Function HideCaret Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function ShowCaret Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

dim hWnd as long

hWnd=GotFocus()	'get the handle of the text box (whatever has the focus)
HideCaret hWnd

If you wanted to set the focus yourself, use textbox.setfocus before calling
the above GotFocus API function.

I think in your example you would want to turn off the cursor in the
gotfocus event and turn it back on in the lostfocus event.  I think that
windows wants to keep turning it back on (such as if you click in the text
box again after gotfocus, so you may have to turn it off based upon several
events.  You will just have to play with it.

Bobby