[AccessD] WIAaut,Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition Automation Layer

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 27 06:52:44 CST 2005

Gustav, excellent... Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:07 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] WIAaut,Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition Automation
Layer

Hi all

I got a new scanner and now this code works.
It's a Lexmark X6170 all-in-one machine which has the advantage that
you get a scanner with document feeder at a very low cost - otherwise
"document scanners" tend to be quite expensive. This one can fax and
print too, but who cares.

It features a WIA driver and that does the trick.

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 19-02-2005 21:35:17 >>>
Hi all

I'm having trouble with this.

I have a scanner installed which works fine with the GUI and MS
Document Imaging etc. of Office 2003.
However, my code - taken from the sample around - will not count my
scanner.
No errors, just no count.
What is missing?

  Dim CommonDialog1 As Object
  Dim DeviceManager1 As Object
  Dim i As Integer

  Set DeviceManager1 = CreateObject("WIA.DeviceManager")
  Set CommonDialog1 = CreateObject("WIA.CommonDialog")

  For i = 1 To DeviceManager1.DeviceInfos.Count
    MsgBox DeviceManager1.DeviceInfos(i).Properties("Name").Value &
vbCrLf & _
      "(" & DeviceManager1.DeviceInfos(i).DeviceID & ")"
  Next

WiaAut.dll is even referenced correctly. I obtained it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a332a77a-01b8-4de6-
91c2-b7ea32537e29&DisplayLang=en#filelist

The scanner is Agfa SnapScan 1236 via SCSI, old and a bit slow but OK.
OS is WinXP SP2.

/gustav