[AccessD] A2k3 FE - A2k BE issues

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jan 4 11:22:52 CST 2005

Does any one have experience with A2k3 FE causing corruption in A2k BEs?

I have a client who has an app FE/BE written using A2k. Most workstations
are using A2k but a few workstations have A2k3 (O2k3pro) on them and there
have been some corruption issues lately. One very bad corruption and some
minor(?) corruptions. This is not my FE or BE and I am trying to assist the
developer who did these without stepping on her toes. (I will try to get her
on this list.)

I certainly can't single out the Access app as the only problem since they
also had a Quickbooks data file corruption in the last two weeks. My first
inclination is that its a network issue as there are some bad segments there
but I'm trying to cover my avenues.

Wise/Sagekey would solve a lot of the problems here (and save the client
money as they have no other need for Access) along with an automatic FE
update system for the workstations but I'm starting slow... the reason for
my question about corruption. I personally haven't deployed any A2k3 FEs
with A2k BEs.

TIA

John R. Bartow
WinHaven LLC