[AccessD] frmMain.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark...too slow!

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Wed Jan 12 17:27:22 CST 2005

Is there a faster way to do the "jump straight to a selected record" thing?  Usually I use code like this:

        Set rs = Forms("frmMain").RecordsetClone
        rs.FindFirst "RecID = " & Me.RecID

        Forms("frmMain").Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

But in many Access DBs this is very slow.  Is there a faster way to do the same thing?

And yes, I know the best way to ensure a fast database is to design it right.  I don't always have the luxury of rebuilding the rickety systems I find myself working on.  ;)

-Christopher-