[AccessD] BIT OT: A2003: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 21:02:27 CST 2005

Cross Posted to Sue Moshers Outlook DEV List

Hi Team
I am using Outlook 2003 Version 11.6359.6360 Service Pack 1

Today I installed Powerpoint from the Office 2000 install disk It all seemed
to go well.Until I rebooted

After re-booting I started outlook by click on the normal Icon - And saw the
Icon had changed When I clicked on it I got the Internet Preferences screen
as you would expect by Going to.
Explorer|Tools|InterNet Options

Hmm

I deleted the 'New' item and icon where the Outlook item and icon used to be
- Found the Outlook Executable and added it to its 'original' location on
the start bar

OK then When I start outlook I get one of 2 error messages One is an
Explorer Error asking me if I still want to run scripts on this page The
other is a message box asking if I wanna debug Both messages say the error
is on line 297 and the error is "Class Not Registerd"
When I debug the following line is where it errors

document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();

In the Explorere portion of the debugger the script is apparently located In
Miscellaneous Items Outlook:Today

All of this  is causing major problems with 3rd part software that we have
that uses outlook's calendaring and emailing

So..OK anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance

Darren