[AccessD] One-click upsizing and downsizing of Access to SQL Serverand back?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 3 22:25:59 CST 2005

But wait what if the backend access mdb goes down while waiting for SQL
server to come back up.
Sorry couldn't resist.
The only secure guaranteed way is server failover, a second independent
server with an independant UPS that has hourly backups and automatic
transaction log shipping. Generally you will be running with triple
mirrored disks, to do the backup you break one mirror to do the backup..
Oh yes the servers should be at least 200 miles apart. There are
companies that lease hotsites, I have only done it for IBM mainframes
though.

remember the old adage

"Good, fast, or cheap. Pick any two, but you can't have all three." -
Red Adair Oil Well fire fighter

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.