[AccessD] Recalc Parent with out loosing place in subform?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 4 11:56:27 CST 2005

Hi Robert

DoCmd.Echo is nasty. Try this:

With Me
 .Dirty = False ' Must force a save in order to grab bookmark
 NewBookMark = .Bookmark ' Grab the current position
 .Painting = False ' Turn form update off to hide flicker from recalc
 .ReCalc
 .Bookmark = NewBookMark ' Move to saved bookmark
 .txtType.SetFocus ' Force movement to next logical field
 .Painting = True ' Repaint form
End With

/gustav

Jim,
 Thanks for the suggest, clever!! I was able to control my field
position
with the code below.. Not very elegant but it works..

With Me
 .Dirty = False ' must force a save in order to grab bookmark
 NewBookMark = .Bookmark ' Grab the current position
 DoCmd.Echo False 'turn screen update off to hide flicker from recalc
 .ReCalc
 .Bookmark = NewBookMark ' Move to saved bookmark
 .txtType.SetFocus ' force movement to next logical field
 DoCmd.Echo True ' turn screen update back on
End With

Thanks to everyone!!

Robert Gracie