[AccessD] A2K Corrupts Database Created in AXP - A2K Format

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Jan 9 19:26:30 CST 2005

That turns out to be EXACTLY the problem!  The work-around suggested by
the knowledge base article is amazing - essentially copy all module code
into text files appropriately named, of course, then tell iAcces that
they don't have modules behind them.  Make a blank database and import
all the database objects - then, one at a tiime, copy the text files
into modules for all the objects.  I found a simpler way while we wait
for the IT people to download and apply the appropriate service pack
(SR1 is already there).  The real issue turned out not to be copying the
database from my machine to the problem machine; it turned out to be
importing new or revised objects from a "patch" database - that is, one
that just contained updated information or new forms or reports - using
A2K for the import.  My temporary solution was to bring the bad database
back over to my machine, create a new blank database, and import into it
the appropriate objects from the toasted database and from the updating
"patch" database - check that the database functioned correctly on my
machine, then copy back to the problem machine.  Worked perfectly.  This
coming week the IT people should have the Office 2K SP-3 installed and
we can quit playing this game.  Thanks for the help.  I really learned
something to watch out for here - always useful.
Tina