[AccessD] Tracking real edits

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Jan 9 20:44:24 CST 2005

John,

What I do is to save the record (in code) after each event where a name/date
stamp is needed.  Then when you push Esc nothing happens.  Interestingly, if
I save the record using Ctl+S or File|Save, then the Esc key will still
allow undoing the field.  After saving the record I run a formatting
sequence that locks the fields that the name/date stamp is for.

If they haven't actually entered information, such as starting to enter
something but then pushing the Esc key, then just don't record a name/date
stamp.  The user didn't do anything to warrant the stamp.

HTH,
Dan Waters
ProMation Systems