[AccessD] Zip and send to web server

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jan 12 12:35:30 CST 2005

Hi Reuben

Not very fancy, but for similar non high-profiled tasks we use Windows
Command Line FTP which adds the bonus of displaying a status window
where the user can monitor the progress of the transfer which otherwise
seems to "take forever":

  http://www.pacific.net/~ken/software/

Note the copy-n-paste module for Access to drive this.

We also use Freebyte Zip for the same reasons - a progress window for
the user to monitor:

  http://www.freebyte.com/fbzip

/gustav

>>> reuben at gfconsultants.com 12-01-2005 18:57:50 >>>
John, how difficult would it be to just use those two pieces from your
framework and fit them into my app?

You asked about FTP.   I don't care how it's done, FTP or email.  Once
the
files are zipped they will usually fit into an email, but I could see
that
becoming an issue in the future as some db's are approaching 25 megs
now.
So ideally it would FTP to my web server.

Zipping and FTP'ing from within the app would be perfect.  You
mentioned a
damaged file from changes made during the zip - is that a damaged zip
file
or damaged mdb?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings