[AccessD] OT: Windows 98 problem

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 13 00:29:07 CST 2005

Hi Stuart:

Thanks you very much for your quick response. Half and hour on the net had
me no closer to a solution. Where did you find that information so quickly?

There is no setting currently like this in the registry. I will add it but
am now doubtful if anything but a full install will resolve the issues.

When the system now boots up, until the login prompt is displayed on the
screen, the monitor remains off? DOS based programs will run or not
display... not sure which. The DOS prompt is not even displayed on initial
boot-up.

It may be just some strange issue with an old computer and OS. If you can
think of anything else that may refer to or you have heard of such a problem
in your travels, please let me know.

Thanks again.
Jim