[AccessD] OT: Windows 98 problem

Thu Jan 13 10:26:14 CST 2005

It could be that you are using an old monitor with a newer display card. I
don't know what it is that makes the difference, but I once plugged a really
old Dell monitor into a box with an nVidea display card and had exactly the
same symptoms. Only GUI screens ever showed up on the monitor, and I saw
neither the initial BIOS messages at bootup, not anything from DOS appearing
on the screen. When I plugged a newer monitor into the exact same box I got
my BIOS and DOS screen back again.

So look around for another monitor.

Lambert