[AccessD] Mortgage Subsidy Problem (Willing to pay!!!)

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 07:34:29 CST 2005

Thanks. I see.

The database that I inherited had some complicated programmer defined functions and formulas that made it hard to follow. With the help of the great John Colby I were able to see that it was a table that held amortization information that was wrong.

Thanks for you input.

Gustav Brock <Gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
Hi Lonnie

Seems like there is no fixed rules for this:

http://www.mortgagelinked.com/common/glossary/m.asp?ID=HOM#msub
---
mortgage subsidy
- a payment made by an employer to subsidise the cost of interest
payments on a home loan. The amount and extent of the subsidy will vary
from employer to employer and these can be calculated in a variety of
different ways. It is advisable to seek a specific statement from your
employer on the operation of the arrangement.
---

Thus, there is no right or wrong method, and you will need guidelines
from management on the decided business rules for this if it is not
clear from the functions or their documentation what how they intend to
perform the calculations.

/gustav

>>> prodevmg at yahoo.com 16-01-2005 22:20:39 >>>
Does anyone have experience with these types of calculations in MS
Access?

I have been given a database to determine why a negative value is being
produced on a report. The functions and formulas seem to be specific to
the industry and were taken from another company and I cannot seem to
figure out what they are doing.

I am pressed for time and am willing to compensate someone if they can
figure out the problem.

Contact me at lonniejohnson at prodev.us if you think you can help.

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us