[AccessD] Access 97 Architecture with Oracle DB

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jan 17 11:00:31 CST 2005

Any chance they will upgrade the version of Access itself to A2K or AXP?

Doing that gets a common version of ADO installed. (your other email)

As for how to continue new dev, you might be on the right track - new MDBs
to contain all the new code and code that opens forms in "the other" db as
required.  I know I would be very hesitant to just start adding new stuff in
the old db.  In fact you could, as you look at each object and get it
upgraded, move that object into your new db.  Unfortunately you could run
into circular references here.  I am not sure (never tried it) whether you
can reference MDBX from MDBY and then reference MDBY from MDBX but I suspect
that Access would complain.

http://folding.stanford.edu/