[AccessD] Calling ADO without having to roll out five hundrednewmdbs

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jan 20 07:42:33 CST 2005

Hi Mark

Typically a newer version will be accepted while and older will not.
But only testing can determine this for sure.

/gustav

>>> marklbreen at gmail.com 20-01-2005 14:09:22 >>>

My next concern (and I am not asking for help, just thinking out load)
is the versions of ADO that we will reference.  What happens if I
reference ADO version 2.6 for example, but the user has a later or
earlier version than the development machine?

Do I need to programatically enumerate the references and check for
"missing" and then programatically attempt to assign another version
of ADO?  Does not sound that pretty !

I am not too concerned about needing the latest version, all we are
doing is calling an Oracle stored procedure and accepting output
parameters (hence the need to ADO in the first place).