[AccessD] LDB Viewer

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Thu Jan 20 12:02:45 CST 2005

Mark - are you trying to log out a specific user at a time of your choosing?

To do this:

1) Set up a BE table with one row and two columns.  The first field is a
yes/no, the second is text.
2) In the FE, set up a CheckShutdown routine that checks this table once a
minute (or some other period)
3) If the checkbox is yes and the text field is blank, all users are logged
out (with a warning period)
4) if the checkbox is yes and a user name is in the text field, then just
that user is logged out (maybe without a warning period)

I do this to log everyone out with a five-minute warning if I need to do
some updating.

HTH!
Dan Waters
ProMation Systems