[AccessD] OT: Opinions needed

Ken Ismert KIsmert at TexasSystems.com
Mon Jan 24 15:05:19 CST 2005

Rocky,

Definitely better. Feedback:

Top Row:
A Tabbed presentation of the top row of links (Home, FAQs , etc) would
remove the need to repeat the current selection in bold orange, further
shrinking the page vertically. This gives more room for your sales points.

Consider re-ordering your top row links. "Screens" and "Reports" should
probably be promoted to the left, while "FAQs" and especially "History"
should be demoted to the right.

Challenge/Solution Table:
I would reduce the font size. I'd like to be able to see the first four
challenge/solution pairs on a 1024 x 768 screen without scrolling. Ideally,
your best 3 should be visible on 800 x 600.

You should underline your links in the solutions column. If that looks too
cluttered, consider an underlined link that says "more.." at the end of each
solution.

Even though the text of your main page is tightly edited, I would cut it
down even more. You probably have 15 to 20 seconds to convince your average
visitor to continue looking at your site. The more pithy points you can ping
into their brain during that time, the better the chance you will snag them.

-Ken