[AccessD] Open Two Database Connections

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Jan 28 08:52:03 CST 2005

Thanks for your help

Message date : Jan 28 2005, 02:48 PM
>From : jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
To : "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
Copy to :
Subject : Re: [AccessD] Open Two Database Connections
Dim con as New ADODB.Connection
Dim con1 as New ADODB.Connection

con = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=dbpassword;Persist Security
Info=True;User ID=dbuserid;Initial Catalog=GetApplicationDatabase;Data
Source= GetApplicationServer

con1 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=CurrentDBDir\GetCurrentFileName;Persist Security Info=False

con.open
con1.open

'do what ever it is you want now.

paul.hartland at fsm
ail.net
Sent by: To
accessd-bounces at d "accessd"
atabaseadvisors.c
om cc

Subject
01/28/2005 05:56 [AccessD] Open Two Database
AM Connections

Please respond to
"Access
Developers
discussion and
problem solving"
advisors.com>

To all,

Please excuse me for having this blonde moment, but I think I have gone
brain dead....I have an access database module which I want to create a
connection (ADO) to the current database (done this one), but I also want
to create a connection to another database in a different location.....

Could someone please tell me how I do this in ADO (I'm using Office XP)

Many, many thanks in advance for any help....

Paul Hartland

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/7098.htm

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/