[AccessD] Capturing the Drop Changes/Copy to Clipboard error message?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Thu Jul 7 15:18:16 CDT 2005

We may have discussed this in years past, I don't recall.

A client with a mission-critical but shoddily-written Access app ( a situation we're all far, far too familiar with) is having a problem with users stepping on one another's changes and getting that error message that says:

"This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make the changes. "

There's GOT to be a way to capture this message and either handle the conflict programmatically, or swap out a friendlier message, or both.  Even if it involves hooking into an API somewhere, there's GOT to be a way.

Has anyone done it, or know someone who has, or know where to find pointers on how to do it, or anything?

-C-