[AccessD] Updating from Text to Number data type

Paul Rodgers Paul.Rogers at SummitMedia.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 08:56:53 CDT 2005

I'm changing a one-table db over to a relational db.  I have retained old
fields with data so I can update the new look-up fields quickly.
For example, Hostel records into UnitID via an update query to save doing
hundreds by hand.

Only ... UnitID becomes a Number data type, and Access2K won't let the data
be moved across.

Be most grateful for a nod in the right direction.

All the best
paul