[AccessD] Saving string > 256 chars in field

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 27 20:19:01 CDT 2005

Access XP adp, SQL2000.

I have a field that needs to be filled with text based on the value of a
check box.  When the check box is checked, then 1 of two tests are to be
put into another varchar(1000) field.

However, 1 of the texts is greater than 256 characters long.  When I
try

Me!txtCashRecommendation = strText

the first 256 characters are truncated and only the last letters appear in
the field.

I have the latest service packs.  I can enter more than 256 characters
directly into the field on the form.

How can I put the string into the field without it being truncated?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
25 Cunliffe St, Churton Park