[AccessD] Using Outlook Redemption in Access

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Wed Jun 29 18:39:47 CDT 2005

If you've ever made an Access app that sends eMail, you might be familiar with Outlook Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/).  It is a set of COM components that allow you to bypass that messy Outlook dialog that reads "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf.  Do you want to allow this?" blah blah blah.

I just downloaded Redemption and am unab;e to get it to work.  I'm hoping that someone who has successfully implemented it can help me here.

I am using code straight from the Redemption site (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/objects.htm):

[CODE]
Private Sub Blah()
Dim SafeItem, oItem

    Set SafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of Redemption.SafeMailItem
    Set oItem = Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message

    SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
    SafeItem.Recipients.Add "clh at christopherhawkins.com"
    SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
    SafeItem.Subject = "Testing Redemption"
    SafeItem.Send
End Sub
[/CODE]

This code is triggered form a button click on a form.

When I run the code, I get an error message:

"Method or data member not found"

The error is on the .CreateItem method in the line that sets oItem to a new item.

I've double-checked that the Redemption dll is registered, and I've made sure it is referenced in the Access file.  I suspect that there is some simple aspect of setup that I'm overlooking.

Anybody ever have this same issue?

-C-