[AccessD] Excel Macro Automation from within Access

Darsant Silverstring darsant at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:45:08 CDT 2005

On 6/1/05, Mark Boyd <MarkBoyd at mcbeeassociates.com> wrote:
> It isn't the column headings that I need to preserve, but the data in
> the Report Header section, such as titles, sub-titles, etc.
>
> Mark Boyd
> I/S Supervisor
> McBee Associates, Inc.

Well, you could take the query that the report is feeding from, and
pipe the data through VBA code to export it to excel.

Err, well, it'd be multiple recordsets depending on what you wanted to
format, but you could use do while loops on each recordset to output
the appropriate heading, then output the data, then total the data,
then move onto the next recordset.

With VBA code linking it to excel you can do whatever formatting you
want, but you're going to have to more softcode the output and modify
the macro that you created to work with the Access interface.

In other words, instead of outputting from report format to excel, you
can output from the module itself. More work but allows you 100%
accessability and formating options vs having to correct the
auto-formatting done by report-->excel procedure.

--
Darsant Silverstring

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein