[AccessD] Any MapPoint programmers out there?

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jun 2 17:35:19 CDT 2005

My client calls people about contracts they need to fill.  They want to see
the location of the contract, and the location of the people selected to be
called.  I am well along.  The map is opening (I am programming to the lib,
not the activex control), I have built up a mappoint framework which can
open and close the app, the map, has classes for locations that hold the
pieces of the address as well as a location object for the address (if just
one), a pushpin if the location is put into the map etc.

Eventually they want to do things like "this person is also close to this
other open contract" so that as they display a person to call, the map will
not only display the contract location they are being called about, they
will be shown other contracts close to that person's address.

Stuff like that.

http://folding.stanford.edu/