[AccessD] Anyone out there

Joe Hecht jmhecht at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 01:44:32 CDT 2005

If I make.bat use the quotes?

Joe Hecht
Los Angeles CA

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of MartyConnelly
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:14 PM
To: access at joe2.endjunk.com; Access Developers discussion and problem
solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Anyone out there

Look at the query feeding the report,  if you can't see anything obvious
try a full decompile

Do a backup before the /decompile.

1a) Create a shortcut with the following
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "d:\My
Documents\access\mayapp.mdb" /decompile
As appropriate for your environment of course.  Note that if your path
to your MDB contains a space it must be enclosed in double quotes just
as the MSACCESS.EXE component.   You can create a short cut but right
clicking in the directory of your choice, highlighting new and creating

or

1b) Create a one line .bat or .cmd line with the above text in it it
using notepad.

Hint:  Right click in your directory of choice, highlight new and select
Text Document.  You will be presented with a new file named "New Text
Document.txt" or similar.   Rename that file to something like
"decompile.bat".   Then right click that file and select edit.  Notepad
should then run opening up that file.

2) Click on the short cut or click on the .bat or .cmd file and, in
Access 97, you'll get the message "... has converted the code in ... to
your current version of Visual Basic". This message does not appear in
Access 2000 or newer.  Hold the shift key down when you click on Okay so
the MDBs autoexec macro won't execute or the start-up form will not be
opened.  If you have any class modules exit the MDB and re-enter it.
This will keep the class modules intact.

3) Now compact the MDB to clean out the old VBA code..

4) Hit Ctrl+G to open the debug/immediate window or go into any module
and click on Debug.  If Access 97 click on Compile and Save All Modules.
If Access 2000 or newer click on Compile.   Compiling is particularly
important to see if there were any problems and for performance reasons.

5) Then compact again.

Joe Hecht wrote:

>Thanks Jeff
>
>This is the sequence
>
>I open a form to show a Purchase order. It shows the first record. I hit
the
>print preview and all is ok.
>
>I go to other records and the report shows multiple errors and missing
data.
>I am going nuts trying to get it.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Joe Hecht