[AccessD] Access security question

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:46:55 CDT 2005

Charlotte, Jim, and Kath,

Thanks for the clear responses and resources. I appreciate it.

Steve Erbach

On 6/6/05, Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote:
> They can if the BE is not adequately secured, which means at the least
> that the admin user is stripped of permissions and put in the users
> group rather than the admins group.
>
> Charlotte Foust

Without Access user level security in place on the BE tables, yes.  To
prevent that, they need to be properly secured with user level security and
all the queries will need RWO (Run with owner permissions) set or you need
to open a workspace object with the correct username/password in code.

Jim.

here's the link for the Access security FAQ.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/access/content/secfaq.asp

HTH
Kath