[AccessD] Converting Access97 app to 2000

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Jun 7 12:28:29 CDT 2005

Several things.  If you ever played with pipe concatenation (if you
don't know what it is, you haven't), you'll have to change it to
standard concatenation because 2000 and higher don't interpret it
properly.  If you use parameter queries that reference forms, you'll
have to go into the queries and make sure the query parameters use
proper referencing like [forms]![MyForm]![MyControl].  If any of the
brackets around any of the sections are missing, 2000 and later will put
brackets around the whole thing, like [forms!MyForm![MyControl]], which
breaks the query.  Using @ in messagebox prompts to bold parts of the
text no longer works in 2000+, so you'll have to deal with that if you
used it.

If you used any common controls (calendar controls, datetime picker,
OpenFile dialog, etc.) you'll need to make sure the references point to
the VB6 version, becase the VB5 versions don't work in 2000+.

Charlotte Foust