[AccessD] OT - Looping Through Controls on Visual Basic Form

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:57:21 CDT 2005

On 6/8/05, paul.hartland at fsmail.net <paul.hartland at fsmail.net> wrote:
> To all,
>
> I have a lot of text boxes, combo boxes and check boxes on a form and need them locked for certain users I tried the following code to loop through them and when txt, pv or chk is found to lock or disable the control but it doesn't work....
>
> Dim intFields As Integer
>     For intFields = 0 To frmClient.Controls.Count
>         If (Left(frmClient.Controls(intFields).Name, 3) = "chk" Or Left(frmClient.Controls(intFields).Name, 3) = "txt") Then
>             frmClient(frmClient.Controls(intFields).Name).Locked = True
>         End If
>         If (Left(frmClient.Controls(intFields).Name, 2) = "PV") Then
>             frmClient(frmClient.Controls(intFields).Name).Enabled = False
>         End If
>
> can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong cause I can't seem to see the wood for the tree's at the moment...
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help...
>
> Paul Hartland
Sorry I'm getting into this a little late.

I think you might want to take a look into the tag property for
controls. You label controls with any tags (or a number of tags) and
then search for controls based on that tag, and disable / enable
accordingly.

This really comes in handy when different sets of controls need to be
enabled / disabled for different states. Basic structure is a For Each
statement. If you're interested I can give you a code sample.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein