[AccessD] Friday humour

Fri Jun 10 13:33:16 CDT 2005

Though I makes me feel unclean to even think about responding to such orgs
as the CAI, I will simply state that the question / challenge not only
points out their inbuilt prejudice on the subject (as does the web site,
which states that no-one *will* be able to offer any proof), but also
reveals their utter ignorance of the theory that their behind the times
dogma wishes to deny.

The sun does not revolve around the Earth and the Earth does not revolve
around the sun. They both orbit a common center of gravity, to which all the
other planets in the solar system contribute.

If they are so damned certain that the sun orbits the Earth then why don't
they offer up their "proof"?

Furthermore, no scientific minded person would be silly enough to suggest
that any theory can be proven. The only thing you can do to a theory is
discover more data that *supports* it and its predictions, or new data that
*refutes* the theory. Once the refutation data is on hand the theory must be
abandoned, or used with the understanding that it has limits. Thus when
Einstein's explanation of the orbit of Mercury was shown to be correct *by
observation*, the previous Newtonian theory had been shown to be wrong. But
then we always knew it was wrong anyway. It's just that it took until
Einstein for someone to explain the differences between observation and
Newton's theory.

Lambert