[AccessD] Friday humour

Fri Jun 10 13:49:04 CDT 2005

Anyone care to tell us how the Earth Centric types explain stellar parallax?
Or do they simply deny its existence as their various 'good books' refer to
the 'fixed stars'?

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Elam, Debbie
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 2:39 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Friday humour

No it does not throw it out the window, it just makes the lovely and simple
orbital mechanics equations into monster equations that take a super
computer to calculate with any proficiency.  Of course those other planets
just orbit around the sun while the whole mess orbits around the Earth ;-).
That was the real reason it became obvious that the best method of
calculation was to put the sun in the center of the system.  The whole mess
with the rings was to account for planetary movements.  It is a little like
the headaches caused when you try to take the Earth's total motion into
account when compared to the motion of another star in the milky way galaxy
which is all rotating around a cluster of stars in the galaxy center.  Much
more pleasant to break it into chunks and consider the solar system a single
unit when talking about motion with respect to the galaxy.

Debbie