[AccessD] Friday humour - A MODERATOR'S VIEW

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 01:35:32 CDT 2005

Gosh, I have a Friday away from the list and miss all the "fun". You lot
just can't be trusted can you?

I know JB has stepped in but just in case anyone's tempted to get up this
morning and add their 2c worth, or somethiong like this off next week, can I
just remind everyone that Friday humour is not a free pass to say any old
thing which would not be acceptable on the list any other day. It's purpose
is to offer light entertainment, not political/religious debate. Those are
not, ever, topics for this list. These subjects not only CAN cause offence,
they usually DO. And if you want offence go to OT.

For all I, or you, know there may be a hundred Catholic fundamentalists part
of this list. Opus Dei may log on to us on a daily basis. I've no idea. The
point is that if they do they are welcome on the same basis as everyone
else.

So don't just assume everyone is going to hold your views, whatever they
are, and have a good laugh at the other feller. It never works that way.

-- Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk