[AccessD] Urgent help needed with IISserver.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Neal Kling nkling at co.montgomery.ny.us
Thu Jun 16 07:16:06 CDT 2005

Google returned this possibility

http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?p=575&ID=%3C%23J3kRXQyEHA.2012%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl%3E

and

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of Erwin Craps -
IT Helps
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:43 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Urgent help needed with
IISserver.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

I'm getting desperate over here.

Yesterday I installed this mont security fixes on my W2K server.
I also took the opportunity to install SQL SP4.

>From that reboot on, non of my database driven website no longer
functions.

For both "JET 4 MDB" and "SQL server" access I get an error on this
command where it always used to work before the updates.
failing command server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Retunred error
Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'
Server.CreateObject Access Error
The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access is denied to this object.

I checked al my NTFS permissons according to the MSKB, but I believe
everything is ok.

Anyway, it worked for years before this update.

Is this a bug in the windows fiexes????

Erwin Craps

Zaakvoerder

www.ithelps.be/onsgezin

This E-mail is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence. Please delete if obtained in error and E-mail confirmation to
the sender.

IT Helps - I.T. Help Center  ***  Box Office Belgium & Luxembourg

www.ithelps.be <http://www.ithelps.be/>   *  www.boxoffice.be
<http://www.boxoffice.be/>   *  www.stadleuven.be
<http://www.stadleuven.be/>

IT Helps bvba* ** Mercatorpad 3 **  3000 Leuven

IT Helps  *  Phone: +32 16 296 404  *  Fax: +32 16 296 405 E-mail:
Info at ithelps.be

Box Office **  Fax: +32 16 296 406 **  Box Office E-mail:
Staff at boxoffice.be <mailto:figures at boxoffice.be>