[AccessD] invalid number of arguments

Pedro Janssen pedro at plex.nl
Wed Jun 22 09:24:03 CDT 2005

Hello Michael and others,

i have made a database for my wife who works in a small firm that sells
bricks for building houses. In this database data about the brick and the
clients who sell them, is stored. When the firm grew bigger, they invested
in a
commercial database for administration purposes. In this database however,
i can't change anything. My wife don't want to ad each new client in two
different databases. So i want to use the client table from the commercial
database, because the clientID's are identical. The commercial database
table with clients [DEBSTM] can be linked to the "brick" database
[tblDebiteur].
 When i make a copy and rename the table [DEBSTM], with a macro to
[tblDebiteur], the table is still linked, so that i can't make any changes
to it.

I need the following changes (with an autoexec macro)
- unlink the table or copy the [DEBSTM] in a way that i have a unlinked
table left.
- Change the name of [DEBSTM] to [tblDebiteur]
- Change the IDfield Nummer into DebID and from text to Number
- Changing fieldname Plaats to Woonplaats

i have asked a few times question in accessd about this subject the last
months, but i never had the time to finished it. My wife is still naging
about it, so i really want to complete it now.
Last weeks i became some codes for unlinking, but stumbled into errors.

I don't want to use a query from this linked table, to adjust the names
because i then have to adjust al other query's and tables.
Using the same names for the table and fields would be the best way.

Or is it an idea ( it came to my mind when i typed this mail), to use
a table make query from [DEBSTM], use aliases for the fields
and name it [tblDebiteur], by autoexec macro. But what about changing the
data type from text to number??

TIA

Pedro Janssen