[AccessD] Comparing tables question

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Wed Jun 22 10:11:01 CDT 2005

You don't have to use the groupby queries. I mentioned them because they
show the two lists with one instance of each pattern/well combo. In fact, in
my query below I ignored them and wrote the query directly using the tables.
Sorry for the confusion.
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Hale, Jim [mailto:Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:50 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Comparing tables question

Try this:
1) Create a groupby query on the fields pattern and well for table one
2)Create a groupby query on the fields pattern and well for table two
3)use the unmatched query wizard to create the needed query
4) the only trick is, after the wizard has created the query, go into design
view and make the second outer join(the wizard only creates one join)
5) you will wnd up with something like this

SELECT Table1.Patterns, Table1.Wells
FROM Table1 LEFT JOIN Table2 ON (Table1.Wells = Table2.Wells) AND
(Table1.Patterns = Table2.Patterns)
WHERE (((Table2.Patterns) Is Null));

the resulting query produces a data set of pattern/well combos not found in
table 2. HTH
Jim Hale